Software and Data Integration Engineer
At ASE we foster and encourage contribution and innovative ideas from our staff and whilst we aim to “punch above our weight” in the marketplace we value the benefit to our customers and our strategy of remaining small and agile in our approach.
About The Job
As a member of the Software and Data Integration Team with ASE your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building and implementing considered software technology that can be deployed across multiple clouds and on ASE infrastructure
- A primary focus on building new products (services), initially Data Dam for consumption by ASE clients and Fluid platform code for ASE’s subsidiary company “Fluid”.
- Innovating and building the next phase of ASE data services in conjunction with key technology vendors such as NetApp, Google and Microsoft
- Foster an “API first” approached to deployment of software technology and driving an “infrastructure as code” culture
- Building and developing interfaces that can be utilised by ASE staff, clients and partners as part of their consumption of ASE services
- Front end and backend development to automate processes and streamline customer experience
- Interacting with the ASE Netsuite and other systems to support projects initiative as required from time to time. This however is a secondary focus of the role.
- Fostering and enhancing client relationships by developing and implementing innovative and commercially focused technical solutions in conjunction with technical teams
- Utilising your strengths in problem solving, negotiation and communication
- Designing, implementing, and automating ELT pipelines to extract data from a multitude of customer data sources
- Transforming and manipulating data from relational and non-relational data sources
- Analysing and troubleshooting errors to discover root causes and implementing effective solutions
- Experience in building webpages with ReactJS
- Familiar with container deployment and orchestration technologies: Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience utilising webservices (REST) and gRPC desirable
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB etc
- Experience with code repository management (Git)
Desirable Skills/Competencies for Datadam
- Strong knowledge of data structures/formats and ability to manipulate/transform them. JSON, CSV, Parquet etc
- Familiar with programming languages Scala, Python
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive and attractive remuneration based on skills and demonstrated experience.
- Work within a changing and competitive environment, which strives to attract the best and brightest to contribute to ongoing success.
- An advocate of work life balance to maintain meaningful daily achievement in work, life, family and self.