Despite a broad appreciation for the value of data, many organisations struggle to capture, transform, and interpret the data that flows through their business.
ASE Data Dam is a new way of looking at Data. Data storage options have grown alongside the explosion in data growth. Data warehouses met the need for storing structured, filtered data required for a defined purpose. Then data lakes emerged, providing vast pools of raw data, available for use against an undefined purpose.
Now, there is the ASE Data Dam. An evolution of the data lake, the ASE Data Dam offers a 100% aggregated, accurate source of data to power business insights.
A key differentiator of the Data Dam is that it lets data be decoupled from an application (i.e. used in an application for output but not residing there
permanently) and mapped to the Dam or else mapped to the Dam directly from the repository where it’s stored.
Data can be mapped to the dam in any format, structured and unstructured, from any location, external or internal, and in any language.
Yes, a virtual, infinite bucket of data; the ASE Data Dam updates every few minutes from numerous data sources, including data lakes.
By drawing multiple data sources into the Dam, companies can be assured storage costs are managed through strategic data tiering and information is available at the right place and time to accurately support business decision making.
Good data management is important but why use a Data Dam?
- Trouble generating consistent reporting, easily and accurately, due to multiple data silos.
- Distributed users needing access to accurate, consistent data to drive better quality decision-making.
- A need for a single source of truth across one or more areas of your business.
- Rapidly growing data scattered across multiple locations.
- Challenges with data compliance and security.
- Increasing data storage costs.